Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day Weekend

I had nice helping of fun over the weekend.  I could write for ever, but let's just look at the highlights:

- I coached my basketball girls from last winter at a tournament in Monmouth.  We won two and lost five, but it was fun nevertheless.
- Saw the Cubs beat the White Sox on Sunday, never mind that the Sox won the series.
Tom's Favorite: Shoots Flaming Balls!
- Played some yard games and enjoyed a good barbecue at Mom & Dad's. I was ladder golf champion!
- Lit up the sky in Bartonville with the help of Dad and Jeremy.  The cheers and comments from the audience were priceless.
- Survived the frisbee golf course at McNaughton Park in Pekin with Jim and Jane.  Found a lost disc and witnessed an instant classic: Jane's disc slamming into the front of Jim's SUV from over 100 feet away. That course is the toughest in the area and we won't be returning anytime soon.
- Won a $50 gas card while participating in a trivia contest at the Chiefs' game. No worries, I concealed my identity from any Dunlap students in attendance by using a slick Independence Day themed alias: Honest Abe. George Washington (Jim), Betsy Ross (Jane) and Susan B. Anthony (Laura) also came away winners!
- Witnessed my first ever live no-hitter at the same game. Congrats, Austin Kirk!  I don't know how many games I've watched in person at the professional level, but that one will stay with me for a long time.
- Watched the Peoria riverfront illuminate with great company: Jim, Theresa, Jane, Sarah, and Laura. Purportedly, the Methodist Red, White, and Boom fireworks show was the largest in Illinois.

All-in-all, it doesn't get much better.  I hope you had a fun weekend, too!


1 comment:

  1. Sure did, I could just copy most of your post. Too bad I didn't have today off to catch up on sleep and get housework done. Is Friday here yet?

    ReplyDelete