Friday, June 15, 2012

Johan, welcome to the Man Room!

As previously mentioned, I like to commemorate each trip to a new Major League Baseball stadium with a bobblehead to add to my collection.  Earlier this spring Laura and I were able to see Johann Santana and the Mets face off against Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals at Citi Field in New York.

I'm not a big fan of the Mets.  There's the whole black cat crossing Santo's path in New York during the summer of 1969.  Then there's Ronnie catching his hair piece on fire during a cold game at Shea Stadium.  Cubs fans, in my opinion, just don't appreciate the New York Metropolitans as much as they do other teams. 

Johan has always been one of my favorite pitchers, but I wasn't exactly enthused when he left a classy organization like the Twins for "greener" pastures in New York. C'est la vie.  Anyways, here's Johan Santana, in a Met's uniform. 

The Mets' logo on the base is a nice touch.
 

Shhhhh!  Don't tell anyone, but Johan is sporting a patch of Shea Stadium on his right sleeve.  The bobblehead is supposed to be in recognition of my trip to Citi Field!

For the record, his head is SUPER large and unlike any other bobblehead I own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment