Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mail Day - Ryno's in my mailbox.

I came today from a long day of baking in the sun at a softball tournament to Ryno's in my mailbox.  At some point I need to revisit my Ryne Sandberg collection and create and inventory list.  In the meantime I'll just keep snagging his cards for cheap from Ebay.  The two cards below were separate auctions from the same seller and he combined shipping for me.

The "Gold Rush" card refers  to Sandberg as the "Golden Child of Chicago" on the back and has a neat gold foil border.

The 2012 Topps Tribute is a well done shiny piece of thick card stock.  If I had the coin, I could certainly see myself chasing this set.  Alas, buying things like prescription cat food seem to be higher up the list of priorities.  Sigh...

 Hmmm... Where is Gus anyways?  He's a little predictable depending on where the sun is located in relation to the windows of the house.  Well, it's a little after 6 o'clock in the evening.    So, west side of the house, on the built-ins, looking through the picture window?

Excuse me for a second.

[Gabs camera.  Walks to living room.]


Yeah, too easy. 

Oh, and that's the look on his face when I told him that his special cat food was preventing me from splurging on baseball cards.  I think he is silently cursing me.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the gold rush card. Fantastically beautiful.

    ReplyDelete