Saturday, August 18, 2012

Robbing the garden for pizza toppings

We had homemade pizza the other night.  Laura topped hers with Alfredo sauce, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and mozzarella.   Here's her masterpiece right out of the oven.  Nice, very nice.








I don't do mushrooms and I had one last adult beverage from south of the border in the frig to go with dinner.  I found some red pizza sauce and leftover pepperoni from the last pizza making affair.  Laura shared some her spinach and I found some Mexican style shredded cheese to pair with the mozzarella. Things were coming together, but I wanted a little heat. 

Out to the garden!


Um, nope.  These represent what should be about half of our raspberry crop. Good flavor, but I'll save those to top a helping of vanilla ice cream.


Ahhh!  That's more like it!

Chiles and jalapenos.  I wasn't looking for the heat to bore a trench through my taste buds so I sliced them open and removed most of the seeds.  Yes, all the flavor and I would still be able to see straight afterwards.

Here's the finished product. 

Oh, here's a picture of Gus mid-sentence, thus the gaping mouth.  He's a talker.  I believe he was asking for a taste of pizza.

Sorry Gus, I ate the entire pizza. 

The raspberries and ice cream will have to wait another day.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent. we experimented w/ a tomato plant this yr. hopefully expand upon that in 2013.

    1st Phungo food posting here. looking to do more in the future.

    http://phungo.blogspot.com/2012/07/phungo-vittles-jamonera-2012-07-28.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, your dishes have the presentation of a 5-star restaurant. I'm sure they tasted just as good as they looked!

      Delete
  2. Those are good lookin' pizzas and the jalapenos look great.

    ReplyDelete