Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trade with Baseball Cards, Sports and Life ('78 Topps - Part IX)

I contacted Doug, from Baseball Cards, Sports and Life, a while back about helping him with his 2012 Topps Archives set.  I only had five cards to help him out with, but they netted me the following three '78 Topps for my set:

Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley.  Look at that 'stache!

 Mark "The Bird" Fidrych took baseball by storm in 1976.  He won nineteen games, led the league in ERA and complete games, was second in the Cy Young voting and won the Rookie of the Year award.  He caught the injury bug in 1977 and managed just ten wins the next four seasons before he retired.

Jim Barr?  Yeah, I don't know who he is either.  But, I guess he lasted 12 years in the majors and was nearly a .500 pitcher for the Giants and Angels.

Thanks for the help with my '78 set, Doug!

I now have 711 of the 726 cars in the 1978 Topps set, but I'm going to add one more to my list: #219 - Mike Cubbage.  I have quite a few "loved" cards in my collection, but someone took a pair of scissors to poor Mike and I'd like to upgrade.  So, I stand at 710.

I've added 28 cards from four trades with fellow bloggers.  I only need 16 more, can you help me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment