Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Trade with ""O' No!!! Another Orioles Blog"

I've been trying to liquidate about 6,000 cards in my collection.  I sorted them team and have been slowly trading them off to fellow collectors.  Those that don't find a good through this blog will be listed on eBay.  Ryan, of "O" No!!! Another Orioles Blog, asked me to send some Orioles his way and I was more than happy to oblige.  I sent seventy Orioles his way and I just received a return package. 


Ryan, you way over the top with your end of the deal.  Thank you for generosity!  
There's 50+ cards here and most of them are names that even the most casual Cubs fan would know. On to the highlights!

There were half a dozen or so Sammy Sosa cards.  I was never the biggest Swingin' Sammy fan, but you can't deny that he carried the Cubs for more than a few years.  Here's the most unique card of the bunch.  An odd die-cut card manufactured by Upper Deck.




 Here's my favorite Cubs right fielder of all time.  I loved when Upper Deck produced these multi-action shot cards. 

I'm glad you were finally rescued from the grasp of the ivy, Andre!

  I have over 500+ different Ryne Sandberg cards in my personal collection, but a very large majority of them were produced before he retired, the first time.  Here's a couple I can add to my collection!

 A card featuring Mr. Cub and quite possibly the best shortstop since Ernie's reign at short.  Yes, please!

I'm not a 'Big Z' fan, but this is a pretty cool card for a guy that likes shiny cards.  I believe it's a Topps Chrome refractor.  You can see why Topps labels them as 'refractors' with the way the light shines off the card.

Another Topps Chrome card, but this ones features Rich Harden and the orange border variation.  Topps produces so many parallels to their base cards it's enough to make your head spin.  I always targeted Harden for my fantasy teams and was geeked when he was traded to the Cubs.  When healthy he threw in the low 90's and had a devastating change that created a ton of swing-and-misses.

 Nomar!  I have a horrible Boston accent, but it doesn't stop me from trying to yell "Nomah' each time I get a card of him in a Cubs jersey.  I was on the way back to Peoria from Wrigley, with my buddy Jim, when we heard on the radio that the Cubs pulled off a three way deal to bring Garciaparra to Chicago.  That was a great day filled with promise!

Kid K.  I always liked to compare myself to Kerry Wood: same height, same weight, same age, both pitchers, and we both had right elbow arm surgery about the same time.  Only one of us fulfilled his dream of pitching in the majors.  It's all water under the bridge now!

This guy is my prediction to be one of the first September call-ups for the Cubs this year.  He's put together a pretty solid year at AAA Iowa and has even improved his walk rate.  His nineteen errors at third base are a little unnerving, but he deserves a shot, because the Luis Valbuena experiment should be coming to an end before too long.  Josh Vitters:

Thanks again for the great trade, Ryan!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the video, and even better, it linked to "The Making Of State Farm's State of Discovery" which had 2 1/2 minutes of behind-the-scenes stuff from shooting that commercial. That's what I'm talkin' about! Momma

    ReplyDelete