Sunday, November 4, 2012

1978 Topps Card Show Find

I was able to spend an hour at the 15th Annual Sport Card Show and Auction at the RiverPlex this morning before heading home to man the grill for my Bears game party.  Go Bears!

I managed to get in and get out for under $10 this year, which included admission.  I'll post the rest of my haul later in the week, but until then I'm happy to announce I'm down to eleven on my 1978 Topps checklist!  And I have a lead on card #401, Sparky Anderson.  Nice!



$1 for Joe Morgan. The card itself is in better shape than most of my set.  I don't know that I would have found this hall-of-famer, in this condition, for much cheaper than I did, so I snagged it.  I'm not the biggest Joe Morgan fan, mostly because he never talks about the Cubs, specifically Sandberg, in a positive light.  Nevertheless, I'm happy to cross him off my checklist. 

Check out my want list if you think you have any '78's lying around!


No comments:

Post a Comment