Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bonuses from Community Gum - Kerry Wood!

In my previous post I showed off my haul from Jon at Community Gum.  When I originally signed up I knew the rules: Jon had first dibs on certain cards, which included Kerry Wood.  I was okay with that, but I made a plea that if he received any doubles of Wood that he would allow me a copy.

In his package Jon tossed in a nice handful of Kerry Wood cards to add to my player collection.  Again, all of the below cards were new to me.

2003 Upper deck Victory - This card was part of the actual group break.  Not my favorite, mostly because it has the feel of a playing card to me and I feel the "front" is severely lacking...  I'm just not sure what it's lacking.

The next five were from Jon's personal collection.   Thanks again for the Kerry Wood additions, Jon!

2000 Fleer Mystique - Oooooh!  Shiny!  This one goes into my Top 10 favorite Kerry Wood cards of all-time.  Just a gorgeous piece of cardboard of one of my favorite players.

2003 Fleer Splendid Splinters - Wood had a decent stick and even hit a home run in a playoff game, but I wish the card featured a picture of him batting,

 2002 Fleer Authentix - Done win the mold of a ticket, nice concept!  The front offers a couple different textures.  A welcome addition to my collection.

 2004 Leaf Second Edition - I have a few cards from this set, and now I have the Wood!

 2005 Fleer Showcase - My favorite card from Jon's generous hand.  There's a bunch going on within this card, and I love every bit of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment