Saturday, April 6, 2013

He's at it again! PWE #1

A yellow bubble mailer arrived yesterday from Wes at Jaybarkerfan's Junk.  Wes blew up my mailbox more than a few times over the past couple of months and I thought I had convinced him to hold off for a while until I could find something to send back to him.

I'm not sure what his definition of "a while" is, but it certainly isn't as long as mine.  Because, BOOM!

Here's what was in the bubble mailer:

Yikes!  Are you kidding me?  All six of those plain white envelopes are already addressed on the reverse side.  Wes has waaaaaay too much artillery in reserve for me to get in a baseball card war with.  What was I thinking?

And yes, there's 50-count team bag that accompanied the PWEs.  Yet, there's no where near 50 cards in side. .  . pshaw . . . there are THICK cards inside.  We'll hold that one for last!

On to PWE #1!

I'm starting to accumulate a nice number of these 2008 Upper Deck Documentary cards.  Accompanying Soriano is a 2001 Topps Chrome Rondell White.  I didn't know Topps did Chrome back then.  Huh, something more for me to chase!
 Well, aren't these a little bit on the different side?
 The backs say SSPC 1975 in the corner, but from what I can tell they are from the 1976 set.  I like the fronts, but I wish they had a name somewhere on there; the backs contain a nice bio write-up on each player.  For those that are curious we have Steve Swisher on the left and Jerry Morales on the right. Household names nearly forty years later?  Certainly not!

Oh, boy, what a variety to get us started!  PWE #2 will post tomorrow!

2 comments: