Friday, May 24, 2013

Cubs from Garvey, Cey, Russell, and Lopes

I contacted Jim, from Garvey Cey Russell Lopes, about trading for a Starlin Castro 2013 Triple Play Panini Card.  He was more than happy to oblige and he sent along some other Cubs to keep Starlin company on the long trek to my humble man cave.

Here's the card that highlighted my trade request:
 I'm not collecting this year's Panini Triple Play set.  The main reason is because of the poor pack/box collation of last year's issue, but now that's a far second to some of the art work of this edition.  This caricature of Starlin reminds me of one of the characters from the cartoon Fat Albert.

A 2010 Upper Deck card of Jake Fox.  Built like a fire hydrant, Jake Fox could really mash when given consistent playing time.  It's just too bad that he couldn't field a position well enough to deserve that time.  I was a big Jake Fox supporter and this card is a nice walk down memory lane.

 I really like this 2010 Topps card of Blake DeWitt.  DeWitt didn't do much during his Cub tenure, but that is a pretty nice shot, so I'll give the card a little blog love.

1988 Topps - Dave Martinez - I always liked this card, because he's got the whole, "Seriously, you just called me out on that pitch" look.   Been there, although it may have been back in high school, done that.

Ryno!  A 1994 Score edition of him turning two.  A new score for this Sandberg collector!  (Sorry for the pun, sometimes I just can't help myself.)

Rick Wilkins was a bonus baby that played in Peoria, my hometown, and later hit 30 homers in 1993 for the Cubs.  Another quality shot from a talented camera man is featured on this '92 Upper Deck card.

Hey, another Keith Moreland card to add to my collection!  I never pictured Moreland, now the Cubs' radio color man, as one who would be asked to bunt, but this 1988 Fleer card certainly disproves my assumption.

If you'd like to see what I sent Jim in his package, including the coaster, just click on this link.
Thanks for another great trade, Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment