Thursday, August 21, 2014

Homemade Cat Tree!

One of my tasks this summer was to erect a cat tree for the cats to sleep on in the basement.  We have to confine them downstairs because otherwise they won't let us sleep peacefully, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't sleep in style!

So, I spent a weekend in July making sawdust.
The posts are constructed from one twelve foot carpet roll that I picked up for free at a big box store.  I took a saw to a concrete circular post form to create the seats.  Left over carpet from previous projects in the house helped bring the project together.

The box at the base?  Gus, our tuxedo cat, likes to sleep in the box our blueberries arrive in.  When curled up he fits just perfectly.  Come to think of it, I should have used the blueberry box for one of the seat.  So it goes.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and I think our two cats are as well.
Gus (aka: Captain Chaos)
Mooshie
Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. When I had cats I would have to keep them in the basement too if I wanted to be able to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Tom. I hope our leftover brown carpet turns out to be Gus-proof!

    ReplyDelete