Monday, May 18, 2015

Yoo-Hoo! A Blog Milestone!

This is a different kind of milestone for sure.  Bloggers typically like to celebrate one of the following:
1. Hitting a certain number of followers . . . I'm at 97.
2. Announcing a 500th post or the like . . . Nope, this is number 694.
3. Celebrating the birthday of their blog . . . I accidentally ignored my blog's fourth birthday last month.
This is what the celebration would have looked like if I did remember my blog's birthday.
 This milestone highlights a swapping of cardboard which has been long overdue.  I finally had my first exchange with the much revered Night Owl.  Greg has been crafting brilliant posts far longer than I can imagine and he is also the winner of the "Blog of the Year" Award from the 2014 BIP Awards.  His blogging credentials are far superior to mine, but now I can officially say that I have arrived, for I have finally traded with the Great Night Owl.
Back in March I offered to check my LCS for any Post cereal cards that other bloggers might be interested in.  I had a couple of takers and one of they was interested in the Dodgers.  The rest, as they say, is history.  Greg sent the cards in this post to me in return and he hit some nice holes in my collection. 

 

For instance, I just placed this wonderfully mustached Dick Tidrow underneath glass on my newly created TV stand and now I have a replacement for my Cubs binder!  The Kosuke Fukudome card is a new one for my player collection, which now stands at 123. 

Holiday, who joined our family about seventeen days ago, still doesn't understand my fetish with baseball players on little rectangular pieces of cardboard.
That's okay, Holiday.  I don't think many of my friends understand either.
 I miss Shark.  He would have looked good in our rotation with Arrieta and Lester, but . . .  Addison Russell.  Yeah.  Addison Russell, who came over in the Samardzija trade, has already had a more successful pro career than another former number one pick, Lance Dickson.


And then, I came to the last two cards of package:
 I didn't think I had either of these two Ryne Sandberg cards.  The one on the left is an original back from the 2010 Topps Cards Your Mother Threw Out insert set.
 The Yoo-Hoo card is just play awesome.  I went to my google docs file for Ryno and Holiday helped me check and see if I needed the cards.
 Bingo!  Both are new to my collection!

 Personally, I was really excited about the trade package.  But Holiday seemed a little bored after a while.
 Greg, your return package may not have have gone over well with one of my new kittens, but it was certainly a big hit with me.  Thank you for boosting my day!

4 comments:

  1. Holiday is just waiting until you create stacks of cards so that those stacks can be knocked down.

    Great trade with Greg, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Holiday treated those cards much better than my dog would have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbeknownst to you, Holiday just changed your spreadsheet and you think you own 27 '52 Mantle cards.

    Such a scamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @Jeff.

    I can't have a cat because my wife is allergic, but we do have a dog. And a bunny, which I am allergic to. Thanks, honey!

    ReplyDelete