Wednesday, September 23, 2015

15 Cases of Vogelmonster!

For the first time in my cardboard collecting history I don't have a set to work on, and I'm okay with it.  I think.

Yet, I have this unbridled desire to keep looking for cards on eBay, but there wasn't anything too specific to search for until I found this:

I put in a last second bid or $11 last night and walked away with 152 boxes worth of Dan Vogelbach cards. 152 seems like a weird number, but I guess that's what happens when one guy opens up 8 hobby and 7 jumbo CASES.  With shipping, that's just a tad under one dollar per case.  Nice!
This is the Vogelmonster's third Bowman card already, but I like this one the most.  He's known for mashing, and I can just tell he obliterated another baseball during this photo captured swing (above).  The past two, pictured below, were both fielding shots.  Boo!
 So, yeah, after 152 boxes I figure I'll have at least 100 regular base cards of his, plus a good start on the rainbow.  Right?

I've been burned before on case breaks, but I figured this seller has 100% feedback for almost 10,000 transactions AND he's busting the cases live tonight.  Plus, there are much bigger names in the product to make a profit on than the Vogelmonster's third Bowman card.  So, why not?

Wish me luck in my chase of the rainbow!

7 comments:

  1. That is interesting he does player specific for the breaks. Sorting would be a bitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seller promises to ship within 48 hours of the end of the break. All I can think of is that he/she is a teacher and they are putting their class to work collating!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I have never bought into a player-specific case break for baseball, although I have considered it a time or two. I have done UFC and Benchwarmer breaks like that, though. It's great when you hit and it sucks when you miss, but at $11.00 you have a much better chance than you would of pulling any Vogelbach card from 3-4 random packs of Bowman Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how many more digits you'd have to add to that total if this were for the Cubs in general. The presence of Gleyber Torres really raised the price of that slot up.
    Anyway I hope you pull some neat parallel of Vogelbach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought in for a couple similar breaks with Gavin LaValley last year. I was surprised I didn't land all that many good parallels, but hopefully you'll have better luck than me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am in the same break. I bought the spot for Mitch Moreland. I've been watching on and off for more than 5 hours now...I don't know how this guy does it.

    ReplyDelete