Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Day for TLC

First, my wife and I are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary today. Woo-Hoo! I certainly could work some prose into this post about some tender loving care. But... I don't want to get all mushy on you.

So instead I'll post some cards I received in mail from TLC, The Lost Collector. AJ and I swap cards from time-to-time and I always feel like I'm on the winning side. I think I sent him a couple of Blake Rutherford cards and those two pieces of Yankees cardboard morphed into four Cubs for my collection. It's funny how that happens.

First we have a sweet 2003 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia card of Kerry Wood. Stellar beginning!

Next up is an oddball.  Cool!

I didn't know Sports Illustrated for Kids was still a thing. I'm assuming AJ's son, Joey, has a subscription.  Thanks for the card, Joey!

Boom! It's my first Ben Zobrist card in a Cub uniform!  I've been stashing all the Zobrist cards I could find in a box since he became a pro, because he's a local product.

This one starts a new page in the Cubs binder.  :-) Finally a card where Ben isn't a Ray, Athletic, or Royal!

Lastly, we have an autograph: dark blue ink on a powder blue uniform top . . . what a sweet combo!

Adam Warren came over from the Yankees for Starlin Castro over the winter. He had his first start of the season this past week and he pitched pretty well. I love the fact this card sports Warren in his UNC baseball uniform, which makes it a little less of a Yankee card. ;)

Thanks for the sweet cards, AJ!

2 comments: