Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Joy of a Completed Set: Wrigley Field Celebrates 100 Years

There aren't too many sets I'm working on right now, but one I had been pushing hard to complete was the 2016 Topps insert set titled, "Wrigley Field Celebrates 100 Years."

Greg, from The Collective Mind, has sent me a couple of PWEs recently to help my cause.
The above cards arrived about a week ago and knocked off all but ONE card from my "needs" list. Greg, I think I've found a couple cards to help you out. I'll get them in the mail as soon as they arrive in P-town.  Stay patient, my friend!

 I found the Lou Gehrig card this past Sunday when I attended my first card show of the year in Morris, IL.  How fitting that the last card in the insert set is also the last card I needed.

I want to give a big shout out to everyone who helped me complete this set.
 I only purchased ten of the fifty cards and the rest were sent to me by The Collective Mind, Bob Walk the Plank, Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary, ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession, Collating Cards, Cardboard Clubhouse, Baseball Card Breakdown, Baseball Every Night, cards as i see them, Wrigley Roster Jenga, All Trade Bait, All The Time, Cards My Mother Didn't Throw Out and The Junior Junkie. Thank you to all who contributed! I'm thankful to be a part of such generous community!

Lastly, I was able to find the last last two cards to finish my 2017 Series 1 Cubs team set. 
Pedro is PUMPED UP now that it's finished. Actually, these two were free. I found a one dollar card and these two singles and the guy tossed in the Strop and Hendricks. Very nice.

There was a dime box at the show, and the sixty cards I plucked from it will be sent out into the blogosphere when the time is right. I don't want to show any pictures to spoil the surprise. But man, dime boxes are so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wait - you were at the Morris show on Sunday? I was at the Morris show on Sunday! When were you there? We must have just missed each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gehrig and Wrigley are almost as good as chocolate and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing so many sets at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! Fulfillment is a good thing and I am happy to have been able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great group of bloggers here for sure! Congrats on completion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Wrigley set. Congrats on the completion!

    ReplyDelete